We have treatment centres for Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Chorley
Are you searching for a Chorley based drug and alcohol rehab centre? Find out more about our local recovery facility.
Chorley Treatment Centres
It’s not easy to overcome an addiction to drugs or alcohol. There are many psychological and social factors that can lead to addiction, and in order to stay sober in the long term, you’ll need a comprehensive treatment plan. If you’re looking for drug and alcohol rehab in Chorley, consider the Ocean Recovery Centre. Set in a beautiful historic home close to the beach, it’s the perfect backdrop in which to recover, and we have a qualified, experienced team to help you recover.
Choosing the right drug and alcohol rehab in Chorley
The Ocean Recovery Centre is set on the promenade of Blackpool, just over a half hour drive from Chorley. There’s a big advantage to attending rehab centres outside of your hometown, as it means you’re away from bad influences and it can be easier to avoid a relapse. Addiction is complicated, which is why we offer excellent care services for everyone who steps through our doors. No one treatment will work for every person with an addiction, so we offer treatment options such as:
- Detox – nearly everyone who goes to an addiction treatment centre to get off drugs or alcohol will need to go through detoxification. It basically means spending time away from drink or drugs until they leave your body, which can be difficult because you’re likely to have withdrawal symptoms. We can offer you medication to ease the side effects, as well as offering 24/7 support during this process.
- Individual counselling – most programmes at the Ocean Recovery Centre are 28 days long, and this includes intensive one on one counselling sessions. We can start to talk about the root causes of your addiction and your triggers, as well as working on your general mental health.
- Group therapy – speaking to other people going through the same thing as you can be really helpful to the recovery process. Group therapy is led by members of staff, and you can talk to other people going through rehab for a drug or alcohol addiction on a range of topics. While you may feel shy, you’ll be surprised how you start to open up, but of course, you shouldn’t feel pressured to share.
Long term recovery
Overcoming addiction takes work and might be something you battle for the rest of your life, so we don’t want the support to stop when you leave the Ocean Recovery Centre. As part of our packages we offer aftercare and move on support, which helps you through that difficult first year after rehab.
In addition to aftercare sessions, we can help you find local organisations in the North West where you can enjoy ongoing support. You may need help finding a job, or perhaps be looking for support for your family who have been affected by your addiction. We can tailor programmes of aftercare to suit your needs.
Aftercare is also a good opportunity to keep in touch with people who were in residential rehab with you. Building friendships with others who are going through recovery can help you to stay strong. Some people who overcome an addiction also find they have a smaller social circle, as their old friends still drink heavily or do drugs, so it can help to build some new connections.
Avoiding a relapse
While you stay at Ocean Recovery Centre, we’ll do a lot of work on spotting the signs of a relapse and overcoming temptation, but the change of pace from the peacefulness of your rehab clinic to the real world can still be difficult. We offer drug and alcohol rehab programmes with great success rates because we work hard to help you avoid a relapse. You might want to try:
- Going to groups – in addition to your aftercare group, joining groups such as Alcoholics or Narcotics Anonymous could help keep you on track. They often have a tight-knit community, so you can meet others in the same situation and keep track of how long you’ve been off alcohol or drugs, which is an excellent motivator.
- Find a new hobby – when you stay at Ocean Recovery Centre, you’ll try lots of new activities, so you might want to continue with these hobbies once you’re out of rehab. This gives you something new to focus on, and means you have something else to think about when you feel tempted.
- Focus on your career – unfortunately, addiction can be terrible for your career, and many people who come to rehab have lost their job due to past mistakes. Getting a new job can be a good way to get some structure in your life and give you something to take pride in.
While the high-quality programmes at Ocean Recovery Centre have an excellent success rate, there are still those who relapse. This is nothing to be ashamed of, it simply means you need further support. In some cases, this might mean more therapy sessions, or you may need a further stay with us. When you’re looking for drug and alcohol rehab in Chorley, you can be sure of a comprehensive service from our team.
Getting help today
If you’re looking for drug and alcohol rehab in Chorley, there’s no need to wait. We are happy to accept any individuals addressing their drug or alcohol problems, and our admissions process can take just a matter of hours, meaning there’s less chance for you to change your mind. We are regularly inspected by the Care Quality Commission, so you can be sure of the highest standards of care from our experienced team, and all it takes is a call to start your journey.
Find out more about the alcohol and drug addiction treatments available at Ocean Recovery Centre by calling the team today on 01253 847 553. Or simply text HELP to 83222 and we’ll get right back to you.