In this post, we list 20 of our favourite recovery and addiction quotes of ALL time. If you are on Facebook or Pinterest, it’s likely you have read many of these quotes in the past, or at least seen some of them in your ‘timeline’. It’s also likely that you may not have paid too much attention to these quotes because you were busy flicking through your social media channels for other reasons.
This post encourages you to stop and meditate for a while on these recovery and addiction quotes that we consider worthy of your attention. These quotes renew your motivation to stay drug and alcohol-free, and also inspire you to live your life productively and actively.
At Ocean Recovery Centre, we believe ‘living in recovery’ isn’t something you ‘do’. It’s more about something that you ‘are’. Recovery quotes fuel your ‘identity’ as someone ‘living in recovery’ and also help you avoid relapse.
Below is the list of our top 20 recovery quotes. Many of these quotes were found via Pinterest and Facebook.
This list of quotes is simply listed in random order, and not by order of importance.
Now here’s the quotes…
20. It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.
19. I’m not telling you it is going to be easy, I’m telling you it’s going to be worth it.
18. My recovery must come first so that everything I love in life doesn’t have to come last.
17. The goal isn’t to be sober. The goal is to love yourself so much that you don’t need to drink.
16. I understood myself only after I destroyed myself. And only in the process of fixing myself, did I know who I really was.
15. I am not defined by my relapses, but by my decision to remain in recovery despite them.
14. Recovery is an acceptance that your life is in shambles and you have to change.
13. Recovery is about progression not perfection.
12. Recovery didn’t open the gates of heaven and let me in. Recovery opened the gates of hell and let me out!
11. I know you’re tired, I know you feel like giving up, but you’re not going to. You know why? Because you are strong, and when you’re survived through all the shit your addiction has but you through, you can survive recovery.
Posted on Tuesday, March 21st, 2017 at 4:22 pm in Inspiration.