Drug & Alcohol Rehab Dudley
Dudley Drug and Alcohol Rehab Treatment Centres
Are you based in Dudley, West Midlands, battling through the emotional rollercoaster of addiction? An addiction is a mental health and behavioural illness, difficult to manage without specialised support. Call us today on 01253 847 553 for FREE and confidential advice!
Addiction to alcohol or drugs is a major problem in the UK today. Many people find that at some point in their lives they struggle with substance abuse or know someone who does. Sometimes overindulgence can bleed into full-blown addiction.
The path towards addiction is a slippery slope and many of our patients wonder how they ended up here, but it’s an easier trap to fall in than people think.
Admitting you have a problem
If you have found yourself on the other side of addiction, it can be very difficult to even admit you are addicted. Most people brush off their consumption as harmless fun. That’s usually how it all starts, but before you know it, it can become a huge problem that takes over your life.
First of all, you need to admit to yourself that you have a problem, after this, you need to admit to other people that you need help. This is one of the toughest parts of recovery for a lot of people and those who do admit it are incredibly brave.
Getting help is the next step and is another tough thing to do. Many people try and get clean on their own. This can work for some people, however, it’s incredibly difficult to remain free of drugs and alcohol on willpower alone. The reason behind this is because simply refusing drugs and alcohol is only the surface of the problem. You haven’t addressed what made you take them in the first place.
Getting help from your drug addiction or alcoholism
The best way to get help is to seek professional treatment by looking at drug and alcohol rehab in Dudley. The Ocean Recovery Centre has help at hand and has treated countless others in your position.
If you’re looking for drug and alcohol rehab in Dudley, we will help transport you to our rehab centre so you don’t need to worry about travelling to join us. This takes one less stress out of getting professional help. We want to make getting help as easy as possible in a practical way to help lessen one of the worries you may have.
Why people find themselves addicted to drugs and alcohol
The question of why people become addicted in the first place might seem simple at first glance. However, the answer is usually much more complicated and often unclear.
There is often something deeply rooted in a person’s life or a series of events that has led to addiction.
Drug or alcohol addiction isn’t a simple case of continually drinking or taking a drug. That’s why simply stopping is only a small part of getting clean.
Some underlying reasons for addiction include:
- Family background – Many addicts have family backgrounds where drug-taking or alcoholism was prevalent. While this doesn’t make you an alcoholic or a drug addict, it has a clear influence over your life which can make you much more likely to head towards addiction.
- Social influence – Having family or friends who partake in regular drug use or who drink to excess makes it much more likely that you will do the same. Getting clean feels impossible when you’re surrounded by substances. It can also feel difficult due to peer pressure.
- Life events – Certain high-stress events in your life can kick start a drug or alcohol addiction. Things like job loss, grief, relationship breakdown or trauma can lead you to turn to substances to cope, but this can quickly go out of control.
- Mental health conditions – If you have mental health issues, substance misuse can often be a way to cope and self-medicate. However, all it does is make mental health conditions worse.
Does it really matter why you became addicted?
You may wonder why the reason behind your addiction matters in the here and now. It matters because identifying the reason behind your addiction and substance abuse is essential to treating you.
We need to identify why you turned to substance abuse so we can treat the root of the problem not just the surface of the addiction. It’s the only way we will help you battle the very thing that tells you to keep drinking or taking drugs.
For example, if trauma was your initial reason for turning to substances, then you could benefit from trauma counselling to help you face and work on the problem. The work will be hard and uncomfortable, but it’s worth it to improve your overall quality of life and your health.
How Ocean Recovery therapy works
While all our drug or alcohol rehab treatment is tailored to your specific needs, there are some elements to treatment that are the same for everyone.
The first thing you need to go through is a medical detox. This will help remove all the harmful toxins from your body so we can begin treatment. Unpleasant withdrawal symptoms are to be expected. However, our medically trained staff will be on hand to help ease your experience wherever possible.
The next stage of our medically assisted recovery treatment is counselling and support group therapy. Counselling allows you to talk freely and discuss your problems with a trained addiction counsellor. They will help you identify the root of the problem and teach you the tools you will need to take with you in everyday life outside of the rehab centre.
Group sessions are daunting at first, but it can be very helpful to discuss your problems with others who are in the same position. Developing relationships with other sober people is a key part of recovery and relapse avoidance, so it’s something we actively encourage.
Our approach to addiction recovery is designed to prepare service users for life outside of the rehab centre. We want you to feel equipped with the knowledge and tools to take on life’s challenges without the need to turn to substances. Our aftercare team will help you through this with any advice and support you need in the year after completing the programme.
Get help from drug and alcohol rehab in Dudley
If you are ready to begin drug and alcohol rehab treatment, all you need to do is contact us directly on 01253 847 553 or text HELP to 83222 and we will get things in motion within 24 hours. Whether you’re based in the West Midlands, Dudley or elsewhere, we can get you the addiction treatment you need to get your life back on track.
- Alcohol Detox – What Does It Involve?
- Can You Avoid Alcohol Withdrawal Symptoms?
- Benefits of Private Drug Rehab
- Commonly Abused Illicit Drugs
- Foods That Can Help With Symptoms of Alcohol Withdrawal
- How Alcohol Affects the Brain
- How Does Alcohol Addiction Affect Society As A Whole?
- Drinking Amongst Pregnant Women on Rise
- England & Wales See’s Drug-Related Deaths At Record High
- How To Get An Alcoholic Into Rehab
- How To Tell Your Friends You’re Struggling With Alcoholism
- How to Succeed at Sober Living After Rehab
- Residential Rehabilitation vs. Outclient rehabilitation
- All About Private Alcohol Detox
- Am I Drinking Too Much?
- Does Rehab Work for Drug Addicts?
- Dealing With Employees Suffering From Alcoholism
Request A CallbackEnter your phone number and a member of our team will call you back to discuss your recovery.
Download Our Brochure
For more information about the addiction services that Ocean Recovery offer, download our brochure.Download our brochure