Drug & Alcohol Rehab Harlow
Harlow Drug and Alcohol Rehab Treatment Centres
Are you based in Harlow, battling through the emotional rollercoaster of addiction? An addiction is a mental health and behavioural illness, difficult to manage without specialised support. Call us today on 01253 847 553 for FREE and confidential advice!
Are you looking at drug and alcohol rehab in Harlow? Coming to this website must have been a difficult thing to do in itself. Admitting you might have a problem is a huge step that a lot of people struggle to make. It’s not easy to accept you might be addicted and need help.
If you’ve been looking for drug and alcohol rehab in Harlow or the surrounding areas, then we can help. Ocean Recovery offers residential rehabilitation programmes and has helped so many people across the UK with their drug or alcohol addiction. We promise we can do the same for you.
We know you’ll have lots of questions about rehabilitation programmes and drug and alcohol rehab in general. We will do our best to address some of your questions here.
How does rehab help?
A lot of people have misconceptions about rehab and what it’s really about. Some even think that it’s almost a prison-like facility that you can be forced into. This is simply untrue, you can’t be forced to go to rehab but in most cases that wouldn’t work anyway. You have the best chance at recovery if you are willing to finally make a change.
We will do our best to support and advise you, but the hard work is up to you. So, it works best when you’re fully committed to sobriety. That doesn’t mean it’ll be easy, far from it, but your desire to change is essential.
Inpatient, residential rehab is the best way to get an addict sober and to help them stay that way. It works by removing you from your typical daily life full of stress, judgement, triggers and of course the substances themselves. Without all this, you’re left to focus entirely on healing and achieving sobriety.
How does a drug and alcohol rehab treatment programme work?
Getting you away from your usual environment is only half the battle. The substances themselves can be removed, but what about the cause for your addiction? The root cause of addiction isn’t a simple thing to understand. There’s a lot of judgement out there from people who don’t understand that you can’t just stop.
Often the cause or causes of drug or alcohol addiction are complex and deeply rooted in childhood. You may have had a difficult upbringing, experienced tragedy or be suffering from mental health conditions. Going through trauma, growing up around others with drug or alcohol problems or suffering from lifelong health conditions makes it understandable that you turn to substances for comfort or to numb the pain. That doesn’t mean that a life of addiction is inevitable for you though.
Why is all this important? It’s crucial to understand the reasons behind your addiction if you want to treat the issue behind it all. We don’t just get you clean, we help you understand, accept and work on your underlying issues in a safe place that allows you to finally address all of this.
How do we offer treatment at our rehab clinics?
Our treatment and recovery service starts with a drug or alcohol detox to get all the harmful toxins out of your body. Unfortunately, you may experience side effects and unpleasant withdrawal symptoms, but we will help you with these where possible.
Detox is important to address the physical care you need to give your body, the rest of the treatment will focus on healing your mind.
We offer completely confidential one-to-one therapy sessions with experienced addiction counsellors and specialist teams who can help you through anything you want to talk about. Our group sessions also allow you to discuss addiction with other residents who have been through the same as you. This helps our service users to form close bonds with others on their journey to sobriety.
We will work with you to help you identify triggers and come up with practical ways to avoid or deal with them when temptation strikes. This will help prepare you for life outside of the rehab clinic when you’re ready to leave. An important part of recovery is also finding ways to replace your addictive behaviour with more positive habits. Exercise is a popular one as it benefits both the body and the mind.
A lot of people find attending group sessions in their local area beneficial too. The support doesn’t need to stop when you walk out of our doors drug or alcohol-free.
Our aftercare team will be on hand to help you with this even after you leave. You can always contact them for help or when you feel the urge to relapse again.
How do you know if you’re ready for rehab treatment?
If you know you have a problem, there’s still a chance you’re bargaining with yourself about the extent of the problem. We see it in almost everyone we treat. There comes a time when you know you need to quit or cut down, but you don’t think things are bad enough for rehab.
The truth is that addicts come in all different types of people and it doesn’t matter how far along your addiction has grown, you can benefit from rehabilitation treatment as soon as you notice a problem. In fact, the sooner you address it, the easier it is to treat.
If you notice the following in your life, even occasionally, it could be time to finally make a change:
- Side effects or health problems – Taking drugs or drinking to excess has a range of known side effects. You may know what they are but think they’re temporary. However, if this addiction grows they have the potential to develop into long term health problems that can lead to organ failure, injury or even death. Addiction can also be very damaging to your mental health.
- Relationship difficulties – Addiction affects everyone around you. It can damage relationships, break up families and destroy life-long friendships. It is not to be underestimated.
- Stability issues – When dealing with addiction it becomes harder to prioritise the things that keep your life stable, for example, your career, your finances and your living situation. When these things start to slip and you lose your stable grasp, your addiction will grow and get worse.
How to get started with Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Harlow
Are you ready to finally make a change and get the help you need? We can help you get access to drug and alcohol rehab in Harlow and can even arrange transport if you need it.
We know how difficult this is, but urge you not to delay your recovery. Get in touch today by calling our admissions team on 01253 847 553 or text HELP to 83222, we aim to deal with all enquiries within 24 hours.
- Alcohol Detox – What Does It Involve?
- Can You Avoid Alcohol Withdrawal Symptoms?
- Benefits of Private Drug Rehab
- Commonly Abused Illicit Drugs
- Foods That Can Help With Symptoms of Alcohol Withdrawal
- How Alcohol Affects the Brain
- How Does Alcohol Addiction Affect Society As A Whole?
- Drinking Amongst Pregnant Women on Rise
- England & Wales See’s Drug-Related Deaths At Record High
- How To Get An Alcoholic Into Rehab
- How To Tell Your Friends You’re Struggling With Alcoholism
- How to Succeed at Sober Living After Rehab
- Residential Rehabilitation vs. Outclient rehabilitation
- All About Private Alcohol Detox
- Am I Drinking Too Much?
- Does Rehab Work for Drug Addicts?
- Dealing With Employees Suffering From Alcoholism
Request A CallbackEnter your phone number and a member of our team will call you back to discuss your recovery.
Download Our Brochure
For more information about the addiction services that Ocean Recovery offer, download our brochure.Download our brochure