Drug & Alcohol Rehab St Albans
St Albans Drug and Alcohol Rehab Treatment Centres
There are many rehab options for addicts in the St Albans area but not everyone can get the help that they need from the NHS and often they don’t have the time to wait for treatment. But fortunately, there are private residential treatment centres in almost every part of the UK.
Drug and alcohol addiction in the UK is a huge problem that affects a lot of people. At Ocean Recovery, we’ve helped countless people all over the country overcome their addiction and addictive behaviours. If you’re looking for drug and alcohol rehab in St Albans, we can help you.
Taking the first steps towards recovery from drug and alcohol addiction is not an easy task for anyone. Even admitting you have a problem can seem like the hardest thing in the world. Getting here is the hard part, but we will help along the way.
Ocean Recovery offers residential rehabilitation programmes, but if you still have questions about how rehab works, then we aim to answer them here.
Are you ready for rehab?
This is one of the first questions you might ask when you look at recovery options. Lots of people try and fail to get sober and remain addicted, even with family intervention. But the truth is, most people struggle or find it almost impossible to kick drug or alcohol addiction by themselves. You need professional help if you want long term recovery and that means using a rehabilitation centre in most cases.
The common signs that you need help with your drug and alcohol addiction are:
- Physical health problems – Substance abuse can lead to fatigue, illness, injury, or on the more extreme end – organ failure
- Mental health problems – Substances can make issues such as depression or anxiety worse when abused
- Side effects – Physical and mental side effects that come with the high you get from using can become too much to handle
- Risky or dangerous behaviour while intoxicated – For example, driving under the influence
- Change in relationships or even relationship break-ups – You could have family break-ups or fall out with friends
- Affected children – Living with an addict as a parent can be difficult and lead to copied behaviour. This is a common reason why marriages to addicts end in divorce or separation.
- Financial problems – Maintaining an addiction is expensive, particularly with drugs. This could affect your debt levels, credit score, the ability to pay rent/mortgages. If you lose enough money and become desperate, you might even start to consider crime to fund your addiction.
- Job problems or job loss – Keeping a job can be difficult if you’re regularly under the influence, or are feeling the side effects of drugs and alcohol
- Losing interest in things you used to enjoy – When addiction is a priority, everything else you used to enjoy starts to get abandoned and forgotten.
These are just some of the clear signs that you need help, which you may accept. Is rehab the way to solve these problems? Certainly, it’s the best way to target your addiction and get clean once and for all.
How does rehab work?
Residential rehab is a highly effective way to help you get sober and stay that way. Rehab works by placing you in an environment free from all your daily life problems, stress, triggers and the substances you use. This means you’re free to focus entirely on your sobriety and getting better.
One of the most common misconceptions about rehab is that it’s simply a place to go get clean. That it’s a place where you stay away from alcohol or drugs and then once you’ve detoxed, you go back home. This simply isn’t true. Getting clean and ridding your system of toxic substances isn’t the hard part, the hard part is staying clean.
Relapsing can happen to every addict at some point and it’s easy to beat yourself up over it. However, the important thing is what you do next. Relapsing and temptation to do so will be a real challenge you will have to deal with when you leave rehab, so we do our best to prepare you for it.
We will help you identify triggers and plan for how you tackle or avoid them. Our aftercare team will also be on hand for you after you leave if you ever need help and support. You won’t just be left on your own to deal with everything yourself.
What does drug and alcohol addiction treatment look like?
When we get to know you, we tailor your addiction treatment to whatever works best for you. However, a typical drug addiction treatment involves a few different key elements.
The first thing you need to experience is drug and alcohol detox. This is to make sure your body is free of any drugs or alcohol so that you can start again from scratch.
This is the bit that everyone dreads because of the side effects and mental struggle to experience life without substances. There will likely be withdrawal symptoms, depending on your drug of choice. However, they will end and in the meantime, we will help you through them.
Next, comes the drug addiction therapy itself. We will work closely with you to identify the key, underlying reasons why you became addicted and why you’ve struggled to escape that life so far. Our rehab centres are judgement-free areas where you’re able to share whatever you want.
You will receive support from addiction counsellors in one-to-one therapy sessions, and we’ll also introduce you to group sessions. These can be a bit daunting to begin with, but we hope you’ll soon settle in and feel comfortable to share. You’ll be in the company of others who have lived through similar experiences to you. That’s the kind of mutual understanding you may not get elsewhere in your life.
Support group sessions, which you also join in your local area, can help you build a solid support system. This is particularly important if you don’t have a very supportive social group.
How Ocean Recovery can help you overcome addiction
Our drug and alcohol rehab in St Albans means that you can get the help you need, right where you need it. No need to travel across the country to get drug addiction treatment. We can even arrange transport for you to our rehab clinic near St Albans.
All you need to do is get in touch. Call our admissions team on 01253 847 553 or text HELP to 83222 and we will help you get started on your journey to recovery.
- 15-24 Year Olds on Anti-Depressant More Likely to Commit Violent Crimes
- 20 of the Absolute Best Addiction Recovery Quotes of All Time – 10th to 6th Position
- 20 of the Absolute Best Addiction Recovery Quotes of All Time – Top 5
- All Time Top 20 Addiction Recovery Quotes
- Minimum Alcohol Unit Pricing Policy See’s Fresh Appeals
- Am I Drinking Too Much?
- Benefits of Private Drug Rehab
Request A CallbackEnter your phone number and a member of our team will call you back to discuss your recovery.
Download Our Brochure
For more information about the addiction services that Ocean Recovery offer, download our brochure.Download our brochure