Drug & Alcohol Rehab Durham
Durham Drug and Alcohol Rehab Treatment Centres
At Ocean Recovery Centre, we’re here to help with all of your recovery needs. Alcohol forms a large part of social life in the Durham area. We meet friends in pubs, share a glass of wine with colleagues over dinner and for some, recreational drugs are used for pleasure too. Call us on 01253 847 553, we have spaces available today!
Unfortunately, it’s very easy for both drug and alcohol intake to get out of hand. It only takes a few defining factors to align before you find yourself addicted. If you spot any of the symptoms of drug and alcohol addiction, it’s important that you seek the help of a private rehab facility in Durham right away. Our Ocean Recovery Centre is one of the best rehab clinics in County Durham and we can even admit patients on the same day they contact us.
The journey to overcoming an addiction can be difficult for both you and your loved ones. You may feel that there’s nothing you can do; that you don’t deserve the treatment required to get better. In reality, this couldn’t be further from the truth. Contact our Durham rehab clinic and you’ll be on the road to recovery quicker than you may think possible.
Who Suffers From Drug and Alcohol Addiction?
Long term substance abuse leads to addiction. Drug and alcohol addiction are some of the most misunderstood illnesses in the United Kingdom. They’re both seen in a negative light and create shame, guilt and embarrassment for those afflicted. The spread of false information leaves many addicts believing that incredibly useful services like alcoholics anonymous and narcotics anonymous are seen as a sign of weakness.
Most of us aren’t aware that in the United Kingdom, drug addiction and alcohol addiction are both recognised as diseases. Instead of believing that addicts are ‘weak’ and ‘hopeless’ individuals, it’s important to know that addiction can affect anybody, for any number of reasons.
Drug and alcohol addiction can affect any of the following groups of people:
- • Teenagers
- • Students
- • Professional adults
- • Pensioners
This is a huge range of people and we haven’t even discussed other differences like body type, ethnicity, background and genetic composition.
If you believe that you’re addicted to substances and feel ashamed of your addiction, get in touch with one of our rehab clinics today. Wherever you are in England’s North-East, you have absolutely nothing to be embarrassed about and with our help, you’ll realise that your suffering is not your fault.
Are You An Addict?
Some illnesses are easier to spot than others. The same goes for addiction. While somebody regularly overdosing on heroin is an obvious sign of drug addiction, alcohol addiction is more subtle and unfortunately hidden by regular binge drinking in the United Kingdom. Many of us are surrounded by the influence of alcohol throughout the week. Even if you have a drink most days of the week, you aren’t necessarily an alcoholic. So, at what point do your drug and drink habits become a health concern?
Symptoms of Drug Addiction
Substance misuse is easier to identify than alcohol abuse. These are some of the most common signs that you may have a drug problem:
- • You find it impossible to avoid taking drugs, even when you don’t want to
- • You’re aware of the negative effect that drugs have on you, but you take them anyway
- • You find that you need increased amounts of drugs to get the same ‘high’
- • You are constantly thinking about drugs, and your plans revolve around getting and taking drugs
- • Normal activities like seeing friends, working and going to events are disrupted by your need to take drugs
- • You lie about your drug habits and hide it from those around you
- • Your body begins to change. You become nauseous and start to lose weight. You become depressed, shaky, tired and suffer from headaches
If suffering from any combination of these symptoms as a result of your drug use, then we urgently require you to speak to our private rehab team.
Symptoms of Alcohol Addiction
Just because you drink regularly it doesn’t mean that you’re addicted. In the United Kingdom, we have some of the highest alcohol consumption rates in the world. However, we aren’t all addicts. These are some of the signals that your casual drinking has turned in to a huge problem:
- • You appear intoxicated regularly: you might spend more time under the influence of alcohol than you do sober
- • You need to consume more and more alcohol to achieve the same desirable effect
- • You can’t say no to a drink with anybody at any time
- • You hide your drinking habits from family, friends and colleagues, often lying about your activities
- • Drinking becomes a priority every single day, and you aren’t interested in activities which don’t involve alcohol
- • You find yourself reaching for a drink as soon as you wake up
- • You’re unable to enjoy one or two drinks. Instead, you find it difficult to stop drinking once you start
Alcohol addiction can have horrific and long-lasting consequences on the human body. Many people aren’t aware that they could be reliant on alcohol; contact our team on 01253 847 553 and they can help you diagnose your alcohol addiction.
How Our Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Durham Can Help
Our rehab clinics use cutting-edge technology, support groups and carefully-selected treatment plans to get you on the road to recovery. A full rehabilitation involves many important stages and every detail is considered by our team of experts.
Since you’re individually assessed, your treatment programme is entirely unique to you. Every detail from your meals to potential medication and therapy treatments are selected specifically for your needs. Private rehab avoids waiting lists and overworked staff and instead makes use of support groups, holistic treatments and spiritual connections. By attending rehab at our Durham branch you’re giving yourself a chance at life without drug and alcohol addiction, and one that you fully deserve.
Call us on 01253 847 553 or text HELP to 83222. We’re here to help you start again.
- Alcohol Poisoning – Signs and Symptoms
- Alcohol Detox – What Does It Involve?
- Can You Avoid Alcohol Withdrawal Symptoms?
- Benefits of Private Drug Rehab
- Commonly Abused Illicit Drugs
- Foods That Can Help With Symptoms of Alcohol Withdrawal
- How Alcohol Affects the Brain
- How Does Alcohol Addiction Affect Society As A Whole?
- Drinking Amongst Pregnant Women on Rise
- England & Wales See’s Drug-Related Deaths At Record High
- How To Get An Alcoholic Into Rehab
- How To Tell Your Friends You’re Struggling With Alcoholism
- How to Succeed at Sober Living After Rehab
- How to Stop Using Crack?
- The Benefits of Going to Rehab Abroad
- Residential Rehabilitation vs. Outclient rehabilitation
Request A CallbackEnter your phone number and a member of our team will call you back to discuss your recovery.
Download Our Brochure
For more information about the addiction services that Ocean Recovery offer, download our brochure.Download our brochure