Halesowen Drug and Alcohol Rehab Treatment Centres
If you’re in the Halesowen area and feel lost and helpless about your drug or alcohol addiction, please get in touch with our rehab team today.
Have you started searching for drug and alcohol rehab in Halesowen? If so, then you’ve already gone further than many people do. Simply reaching this page is a great step in itself.
Drug and alcohol addiction is a huge problem in the United Kingdom. You’re not alone in your struggle, but unfortunately, not enough people talk about addiction. This can make it feel like you’re on your own.
At the Ocean Recovery Centre, we have helped countless individuals such as yourself with a range of addiction and substance abuse problems. We offer a mix of different treatments including residential rehabilitation programmes.
Why does addiction happen to some of us?
Everyone has a different answer and set of experiences so it’s not an easy question to answer. However, the commonality in everyone’s addiction is that it’s not a simple matter of taking drugs and alcohol repeatedly. Drug use does not come from nowhere. There’s always an underlying cause that triggered it.
That cause can look different for everyone, but some common causes include:
- Family background or upbringing – Those with a family history of drug or alcohol abuse often find that they end up following a similar path. However, this doesn’t mean your addiction is inevitable and can’t be treated. A traumatic upbringing can also have negative effects on your ability to deal with stress or mental health concerns. This can increase the likelihood that you turn to drink or drugs.
- Mental health conditions – It has been documented that those with underlying mental health conditions are much more likely to seek out alcohol or drugs in order to cope. However, it never works. Substance abuse always makes things worse, even if it may provide temporary relief at first.
- Social circle – This is one of the most common ways people are introduced to substances. It often starts off as a bit of fun or even due to peer pressure. However, while it may be fun to begin with, excessive and repeated use can quickly spiral into addiction. Then it becomes a need you have to fulfil and yet you don’t really get any fulfilment from it.
- Stressful events – Stressful life events such as grief, family breakdown, trauma, debt or job loss can be enough for people to seek comfort in alcohol and drug use. However, they don’t solve the problem, they make it worse and can numb you so that you can only deal with the problem through the haze of substance use.
In many cases, the story behind someone’s drug or alcohol abuse is likely rooted in several different causes rather than just one.
Why is this important?
It’s important to pinpoint a person’s background because that’s how we target our addiction treatment and build a recovery plan that’s right for you. By looking at the cause, we work from the ground up with the theory that tackling this should reduce the need to abuse substances. We tie this into addiction treatment itself for a two-pronged approach to treatment.
In many cases, addicts aren’t fully aware of the reasons leading up to their addiction, so it’s also important that they work through the root cause and come to understand and accept how they got there.
How does addiction treatment work at Ocean Recovery?
Our addiction treatment helps you overcome your physical dependency but also includes therapy to help you overcome the mental roadblocks of addiction and its underlying causes.
First of all, when you are admitted to our drug and alcohol rehab in Halesowen, we will begin the detox programme. This is where you will rid your body of harmful toxins so we can begin the rest of the treatment with you clean and clear-minded.
This part of the process may be unpleasant due to potential withdrawal symptoms. However, it’s an essential part of treatment for everyone and we will be on hand to help ease your symptoms wherever we can.
The next stage of addiction treatment is therapy. You will get access to one-to-one therapy sessions with experienced addiction counsellors. They will help you discuss and work through issues related to your substance misuse. You may be offered Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, particularly if you have mental health conditions such as depression.
Another part of therapy that most of our patients take part in is support groups. This is where others in similar positions to you gather to talk about their issues in a safe environment. It can be daunting at first to share your story, but opening up can be extremely therapeutic. Talking to those who have been through the same things as you have is an important part of developing positive relationships for the future. Support groups are something we actively encourage both inside our private rehab centre and in life after rehab.
We also provide other forms of therapy such as art therapy and group outings so you enjoy your stay here and spend your time productively while with us.
Are you ready to start drug or alcohol addiction treatment?
You may realise that you have a problem, but the next step is to accept whether you’re ready for private rehab treatment.
Signs you should seek professional help include:
- Physical and mental health problems caused by your addiction
- Addiction is affecting a family member and causing damage to relationships
- You’re struggling to hold down a job
- You’ve found yourself in unmanageable debt because of your addiction
- You regularly engage in risk-taking behaviour while intoxicated e.g. driving under the influence
If you decide that you need help, look no further than Ocean Recovery’s drug and alcohol rehab in Halesowen. We help those in Halesowen and the West Midlands area seek treatment and also help to arrange transport to our centre so you don’t have to worry about getting here.
Get in touch with our admissions team to start our substance misuse services. Simply call 01253 847 553 or text HELP to 83222 and we will take it from there. We will help you build a recovery plan that ensures your long term sobriety so you can get you